cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy ace 2 - no internet connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, back again. Brand new yesterday and still can't get an internet connection. (wifi or otherwise). Have phoned o2 today, done a battery pull, messed on with wifi settings but still no further forward. Anyone else had thisproblem and know how to fix it?

Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
When you are in range of your wifi just click on connect then enter your password (correctly, case sensitive etc) and click OK. Wifi will then always connect when in range. For cell data try testing the word "Active" to 2020 and save the settings that you get sent back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Need to know what you have done and how you are trying to connect and to what?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have tried to set up wifi from home but i won't connect (contated my sp to make sure i had correct details, but it's still locked) turned wifi off, tried to connect on someone elses, pulled battery. I'm not very technical so not sure what else to do? I treid to connect to the usual, ebay...facebook but it keeps saying temporarily unavailable or unable to connect.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
When you are in range of your wifi just click on connect then enter your password (correctly, case sensitive etc) and click OK. Wifi will then always connect when in range. For cell data try testing the word "Active" to 2020 and save the settings that you get sent back.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes trying to find the fault is a bit like hunting for a needle in a hay stack. I'd suggest restoreing the handset back to factory default and seeing if that fixes it for you. However, make sure you do a back up for it.

Message 5 of 5