cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flaw in android ....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi community!

There is a masive security flaw in most android devises which anyone with a bit savy could if found/stole my phone could keep it...

My question: is there any way (without rooting my device) to pin/password protect or stop my device from been able to be factory reset?
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume screen lock and sim lock are insufficient @Anonymous as you have raised this? ??
Message 2 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah @Anonymous this flaw would bypass them and give the user full access to ur phone.. I have cpw mobile superhero ( it locks phone when any new sim is inserted, u loose signal or make a call not in ur pb) but it can bypass that aswell leave you vulnerable if the worst happens. I have insurance ofcause but that don't mean they don't get a free (expensive) phone out of it ...
Message 3 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Doesn't smart lock on lollipop require you to log in with your google account to factory reset?

Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung have a "reactivation lock" option so if someone does a factory reset the device needs signing into your Samsung Account before it can be used.
Message 5 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie I've never had a phone on lolipop so idk if this would work (I could try and find someone with one and see if they let me try it) but I think it could possibly bypass that aswell (basically anything software related is not going to stop this)
Message 6 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

You can encrypt any Android phone, which will prevent anyone accessing it, unless they know the PIN. If you Google it you can see how to do it. It's very simple, and something that should be done before doing a factory reset when selling a phone. You can also set up a PIN for your sim card as double protection.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous would this work with a hard reset?

@Bambino I think this would bypass that aswell ...
Message 8 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will be honest here. Ain't got a clue. One for @MI5 I think or @jonsie
Message 9 of 39

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous would this work with a hard reset?

@Bambino I think this would bypass that aswell ...

What would? Are you saying there's a flaw that can bypass encryption? Do you have a link to any articles to corroborate this?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 39