cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails being returned undelivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my internet host migrated my account to a cloud. After a week they finally sorted out the problems with my email outgoing and incoming server settings and it appears ok. The following day both mobiles stopped sending or receiving so I altered the settings to the ones sent to me for the PC. That helped and we can send and receive e-mails but... if we send an mail with an attachment it fails, if we follow a link it fails. The same email sent to myself or the other phone with the same attachment sends and receives ok? I suspect that the server settings are wrong and I can get no help from TMD. Any help with the correct settings will be appreciated.

Lastly and not connected to above, for maybe a year now I am unable to return or send e-mails to anyone at a btinternet.co.uk address it bounces back as undeliverable. TMD my host finally gave the following answer to my many complaints :-  "btinternet.com" is not pointed to our infrastructure. What that means I do not know, my first reaction is well re point it then but I know nothing about such things, how ridiculous though that I cannot reply to someone sending me mail from a bt address. When i see them or contact them by phone they all say well we are receiving other mail ok so it must be your end.  

So what is the problem please, again  any help will be welcome thank you. I had someone tell me that they too have a similar problem with bt and its quite common ?????

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You will need to persevere with BT as this is an o2 forum & they can't do anything about BT issues

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What smtp settings are you using?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Who is your email provider? Who are TMD? 

1.Unfortunatley o2 dont like email being sent on port 25, for obvious reasons across its network, for a couple of my domains, i have to use port 26 or port 587 (imap) for outgoing mail and 993 (imap) for incoming mail, both with ssl switched on. 

2. Btinternet.co.uk doesnt exist as a domain, with a valid mx record so im not surprised it fails, in fact it doesnt have any DNS records associated with it at all. btinternet.com points into BT's internal network (mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk) its no longer mananged by yahoo. 

Do you have the NDR (Non-Deliverable Report) with the full error code such as x.x.xxx  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
https://www.tmdhosting.com/ ??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Looks like a US based hosting company with a database in the UK. Whoever they are, the OP's issue is with them and BT. Nothing to do with O2 as far as I can make out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Nothing  to do with O2 as far as I can make out.

I don't believe it is either but we may be able to advise on a workaround. 

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just my 5 pennorth here. There is no such internet address as btinternet.co.uk.

It's btinternet.com. I know as I am with them. Maybe completely different to what the op is posting about but some will remember I had to change my bt internet email address to a gmail one for anything O2 related.

They simply stopped coming in. At the time it was thought lithium had an issue with BT...

No not technical...and maybe irrelevant but thought it was worth a mention

My btinternet email works perfectly fine with any other site...but won't accept O2...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9