cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

correct numeric password

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Wondered if someone could help. I've got a four digit numeric password on my htc one mini. Now I know for definite it's the correct password but it keeps saying incorrect pin. It was ok this morning but by lunchtime wouldn't let me in. I'm out in Florida at the moment and wondered if humidity would have messed with it!! 

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried the usual removal of sim, switched off and on

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Google wouldn't force an account on any user (unlike Apple) but it really is very beneficial to have one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have a Google account but I it's deactivated on phone as it was randomly putting pics on my Google plus account. So going by your replies can't back up anything so it's a factory reset only.... do I take sim card out when I'm doing the reset?  Presumably all contacts saved to sim won't be wiped

Message 12 of 29

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

If you have a google account then try entering the pin a number of times in quick succession. It should still let you reset by asking you to sign in to google.

Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried that but it just says pin incorrect try again in 30 secs

Message 14 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123243 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Then it's a factory reset as advised in the links I posted I am afraid.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks do I take the sim card out when I reset or does it not matter?

Message 16 of 29

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It shouldn't matter but I normally take the sd card out and leave the sim in.

Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I've done factory reset appears it's poss screen not working as on numerical keyboard 456 aren't appearing 

Message 18 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123243 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

To be honest if you are in Florida at the moment it may be as well to buy a cheap mobile from there and use a local sim. At least you will have some sort of contact with folk back in the UK. There are many HTC repair centres in Florida but as I know nothing about your phone or whether it is still under warranty etc it would be a bit pointless looking for anything to be done whilst you are there....??  Probably best to leave it till you get home and contact HTC support in the UK?

Contact link here http://www.htc-phone-repairs.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 29

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so I've done factory reset appears it's poss screen not working as on numerical keyboard 456 aren't appearing 

Looks like that is the problem with the number entry in the first place.

Repair or warranty claim when you get home or buy a new one depending on the potential cost to you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 29