cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z5C poor signal/calls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya,

First post on here as I've never had any issues with my O2 phones in 14 years until my last upgrade.

Upgraded from Xperia Z1 to Z5C in October and from day 1 have had extremely poor signal and call quality. I no longer have a signal in places where I have never had an issue and in places where the coverage checker says there is a strong signal.

I have been into store 3 times, done a factory reset and reinstalled software updates with no change.

I'm getting really frustrated now as I increased my minutes at upgrade and am now not only making a fraction of my required call but they only last a few minutes before cutting out or the call quality dropping (e.g the other end sounding like they are underwater).

The phone hasn't been in water or damaged, I've had the same issue since day 1 but no one in store seems to be able to help.

Any suggestions or should I be looking at asking O2 for a replacement handset.

Thank you in advance

Laura
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you used the status checker to see if there is a faulty mast near you?

http://status.o2.co.uk

Have you put your o2 sim in another o2 phone to rule out a faulty sim?

Message 2 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Have you checked http://status.o2.co.uk to see if there are any mast problems in your area? Do you know if anyone else on O2 in your area has any problems?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have checked the status checker and all is fine on there. I experience the same issues where ever I am though and o travel around the county.
I will find someone with an O2 phone tonorrow to test my sim and report back.
Thanks for the quick replies slight_smile
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also it might be worth trying a new sim if the other phone doesn't help

Message 5 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Get the phone back to Sony to be checked out - sounds like an antenna fault tbh.
If you have had it less than 28 days (for future reference) you can insist that o2 exchange it, otherwise go to Sony for an investigation.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do come back & let us know how you get on

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, no update but I've dug out my Z1 and just finished updating it. Will use it tomorrow to test the sim.
Thanks again for the replies and I'll report back soon slight_smile
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update***
Used Z1 today and absolutely brilliant. No signal drop out, normal call service and people I called said quality at their end was better than every call with Z5C.
It must be the phone /antenna as suggested above.
As I'm within 12 month warranty can I use O2 as my legal contract is with them or do I have to go through Sony.
TIA
Laura
Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Update***
Used Z1 today and absolutely brilliant. No signal drop out, normal call service and people I called said quality at their end was better than every call with Z5C.
It must be the phone /antenna as suggested above.
As I'm within 12 month warranty can I use O2 as my legal contract is with them or do I have to go through Sony.
TIA
Laura

If it was up to me @Anonymous I would get the phone back to Sony. They are far better placed to fix it than O2 repairers. http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/contactUs/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15