Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia 1 ii - Faulty already!

MattAllaker
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well received my Xperia 1ii yesterday (after a same-day delivery notice), and already going to have to contact O2 for a replacement/repair. This could be interesting with the stock issues!

Due to an issue with the proximity sensor, as soon as I press the call button, the screen switches off (no screen protector or case on phone yet), so I am unable to hang up/switch to loudspeaker/use the keypad on optioned menus, etc. Also stops me waking the phone sometimes as it thinks me interacting with it, is a false touch and that it is just in my pocket........

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Ok so the proximity sensor "could" be reading the ir off the vive as if it was the ir from the phone returning from a close face.
It's actually a possibility, like the vive has shed loads of ir sensors and ir blasters.. it very much could be.

Check over next few days and come back to this thread or the one at Sony and let me know how it goes...
Message 11 of 12

MattAllaker
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So after having my Vive Basestations/Lighthouses unplugged over the weekend to ensure they were off, I'm pleased to say that I've had no issues using the phone, has worked flawlessly (bar some software issues that I'm sure will be sorted in the coming months with updates). Just powered the base stations up again, and the issue returned instantly.

So it looks like that the IR light being emitted from the base stations/lighthouses was tricking the phone into thinking it was seeing the reflected light from its own IR light. The good news is that I don't have to return the phone, the bad news is I have to try and sort this conflict out between the two devices somehow.

Message 12 of 12