Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling for OnePlus 3T

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Hey folks, 

Been a while since I've posted, manly due to personal reasons that I'm not wanting to go into. 

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there is any update on Wifi calling for the OnePlus 3t yet? Seems odds that i keeps showing up on my account as an available add-on, but then not list my handset as supported. 

Thanks 

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am properly screwed until (and if) O2 can be bothered to upgrade my local mast (fat chance) or decide to upgrade the firmware on the OnePlus 3T - which they say they aren't going to do.  I can't help feeling that I upgraded my handset under false pretences.  Is there an ombudsman I can take these clowns to?

What about those that got their 3T from O2, @Anonymous? 

I am in that boat, but have not asked to switch over, as I am not entirely sure it works all across O2's network yet...  And as TuGo is going, options are somewhat limited for those unable to use WhatsApp, Viber, Google Hangouts (or whatever it is called these days)... or Skype, for that matter.

Message 11 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The limited devices supported are here...

Wifi4G.PNG

Yippee...I must away to upgrade....(NOT!!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 28

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn I DID get my 3T from O2.  They know full well that they provide no signal at my address but made no mention of their intention of abandoning Tu Go - the only solution to a problem entirely of their own making when I upgarded my handset less than 6 months ago,

Message 14 of 28

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
@Anonymous I got mine in January. No dependency on TuGo tho, but interested in Vowifi and Volte. Looks like it is not to be on the 3T 😞
Message 15 of 28

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'll have to do what o2 expects everyone of their customers to do and upgrade to a £1000 + handset tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 28

machinaenix
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

enjoy the last day of tugo on O2... clunges taking it away without supporting 4g & wifi calling accross all devices... still Q4 for oneplus 5 that will be me at least sorted...

Message 17 of 28

Ali3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Marjo - you mentioend Q4 for the OP5 support for WiFi calling.  Is there an update on this at all? 

I find it highly frustrating and a particularly bad call that 02 have made to drop their TU-Go app but then not ensure that one of their more popular phones doesnt have WiFi calling coverage on your network. 

For me this has caused major isuses and I have had to get another network PAYG SIM card with decent signal to keep things ticking as working from home is impossible.

Really hoping you have positive news for me... 

Message 18 of 28

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The op5 is now supported but there has never been any mention that the op3 would be at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 28

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Or the OP3T, more's the pity.cry

Message 20 of 28