Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte and Wifi Calling One Plus 5

dby332
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased a OnePlus 5 from o2 directly a few months ago and used it with an EE sim. With that there was an option in "sim & network" settings that  you could slide the on/off for 4g calling and wifi calling. A little symbol appeared on the top of the phone alongside the usual icons that said VoLTE.  I have since moved from EE and joined o2 but there are no options under sim & network to turn on wifi calling and 4g calling anymore which seems very strange because those settings are in that phone and it is capable of this feature so can't understand where they have now gone. I have logged into my o2 and under device info activated the 4g and wifi calling and it says it is active on my line. I know oneplus 5 is not an o2 branded phone but as this handset is compatible for these services it seems strange that the options no longer appear, is there some other setting that is hidden with o2 that needs turning on as I'm not sure how to get the Volte symbol back and currently when making calls it drops from 4g to H+ then back to 4g after calls. It's not a great hardship but when it worked with a EE sim it seems funny that it doesn't on o2 when they have the service the same as EE does and 4g calling is available in my area and surrounding postcode areas. 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Your phone isn't currently supported by o2 for wifi and 4g calling so it won't work yet I'm afraid.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Your phone isn't currently supported by o2 for wifi and 4g calling so it won't work yet I'm afraid.

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 14

dby332
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ah ok - thanks for that. I hope it gets included then soon in a sim update or something as it's a shame the options have disappeared. It doesn't really affect anything it not being there making / receiving calls and that, it's just a handy little feature I suppose 🙂 

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
They’re adding new phones all the time so hopefully not long.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

IainJ
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Oneplus 5 has just updated to Andriod 8.1 and 4G calling and voice over Wifi is enabled.

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to hear @IainJ They need to update the list as it's not showing yet @Martin-O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

IainJ
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes that will need updating, to be fair this new firmware only started rolling out this morning and I don't think it's being rolled out in the UK yet (I used a VPN set to Germany to get it). Although it dosn't matter where you get it from as it a global firmware.

Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 9 of 14

AS95
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can also confirm that OnePlus 5 has got VOLTE and WiFi Calling. In fact, it was enabled for me for few weeks because I am on OnePlus beta firmware releases. 

Message 10 of 14