Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail number is wrong

Guide16
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I have bought a new Nokia 5 from Argos unlocked. Went to O2 shop to get them to change my sim card over. They put a new card in and now my voicemail number is not recognised it's dialing 905 instead of 901. Spent an hour yesterday online with O2 and they are struggling as the phone refuses to let me change it telling me to contact my operator. With a bit of research I find 905 is Tesco Mobile which is O2. Could the SIM card have been programmed wrongly at the O2 shop. I am pay monthly. It's not a major problem but annoying.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It’s either a glitch in the phone software or a sim error.
Try a new SIM card first and see if it helps.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Guide16
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 11 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Sorry thought I had replied. Went to O2 shop and the guy spent 20 minutes trying to solve the problem. After doing some research on the internet found that this was a Nokia problem. So will just have to put up with it.

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Hopefully Nokia can fix the glitch in future software updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've opened a support case with HMD and included a link to this thread, hope that's alright

Hopefully they'll get it fixed, not earth shattering but annoying.

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Here's hoping wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, update for the interested.

HMD came back and asked me to try the phone with a non O2/giffgaff SIM so got hold of an EE PAYG one.

When inserted and booted the number changes to the correct voicemail number for EE, put the O2 one back in and it reverts to 905 and still cannot be changed.

Went back to them to update them and they have replied glad to hear that the voicemail number is now corect with a new EE SIM, is there anything else we can assist with?

I have replied that the issue is not resolved and I was responding to what they had asked me to try.

Not a major problem but would be nice if they fixed it.

Not particularly happy with that response though.

More updates as and when.

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It must be a programming error in the O2 profile in the firmware.
Simple enough for them to fix !

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another update.

This morning I got a prompt to allow the phone to restart to apply updated operator settings.

When I did and went back into the voicemail settings I noticed the voicemail number had changed to 901.

Tested and works ok.

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Glad they finally fixed the bug.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15