cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail driving me nuts

Anonymous
Not applicable

xperia Z3..i've been getting several voicemail messages per day for over a week but there are no messages and the notifications page is always showing a voicemail is waiting. I've zeroed out the 901 number, cleared the phone apps and that cleared the messages..but next day they start again. So..a) who keeps ringing me (or rather why am I getting message notifications when there are no messages) and b) how do I turn off Voicemail for ever, never ever to be used again..I'm in France at the mo so not sure if that has anything to do wth it..it was ok in the UK when I left..

I did try and ring the suggested number 1230, but that just went dead..

thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Usually the voicemail message will appear on an android phone if you have outstanding voicemails that need to be listened to. You should be able to access them on 901, even whilst abroad. If you delete all the voicemails, that message should disappear within an hour or two. It's 1760 to turn off voicemail I believe, but I'm not sure whether or not that number will work while abroad
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The usual fix is to leave yourself a voice message from another phone, then listen to it by dialing 901 and delete it in the menu after listening. As said, dialling 1760 should switch off voicemail but I'm not sure that you have that option overseas. If you have TuGo then you can switch voicemail off within the app. If you had it previously and deleted it, you need to download it again and then switch off voicemail in the app before uninstalling again.

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

1760/1750 does not work overseas. This is why we advise to turn off before you go...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

i didn't know before i left that i would be getting voicemail notifications which are duff . ie there is no message to listen to..having to call 901 to be told there are no messages seems like a waste of my time tbh..

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'll try reloading the app and see if that works.. does tugo controlthe operation of voicemail then, what if you didn't opt to have tugo but you still have voicemail ? how would you turn it off then..?

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, installed tugo ..turned off the voicemail .then uninstalled ..but i've just recieved another duff voicemail notification ... I read on another thread you asnwered something about deleting user data and turning off before deleting the App ..so am going to try that now.

Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous have you had any luck removing the phantom voicemail notifications? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8