Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Level 5: Ponderer

Texting problems

This is strange but when I text my Dad he never gets the message but my mother does, their both on Vodafone. My Dad gets messages from other people but not me and he hasn't blocked me either lol. I've had this problem since my Note 3/4. I rang Vodafone up and they said his phone is fine, rang O2 up and they said it must be Vodafone? any ideas you intelligent lot, cheers.

Samsung are laughable, I'd rather give £900+ to charity and I have, Dove House Hospice, Hull.
Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,384

Re: Texting problems

Some phones have a block list for both calls and texts so he should check his message app too.
It can't be your phone and unlikely to be o2 issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 124
Kudos: 176
Solutions: 44

Totally agree with @MI5. My old fella, done the same on his nokia feature phone. The message should be in a separate hidden inbox.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Topics: 686

[ Edited ]

You dad may not have blocked you but may have inadverently marked your number as spam. Get him to check his spam folder @mieinhull1969

*The Game Is On*

Level 5: Ponderer

Thanks guy, I'll try your posts.

Samsung are laughable, I'd rather give £900+ to charity and I have, Dove House Hospice, Hull.
Community Manager

@mieinhull1969 wrote:

Thanks guy, I'll try your posts.

As always please keep us updated @mieinhull1969

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature