cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swtting up O2 email for first time on Galaxy S3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Topic.

Recieved a brand new Galaxy S3 yesterday (see my various threads about repairs) by Courier to my Parents', I am trying to set up O2 email on it and using the correct email address and password I've been using for several months now, and both are rejected.

I have been into an O2 shop in Meadowhall today and the assistant told me that the Internet is on on my phone.

What is it the problem? I am aware that usernames and passwords are case sensitive, I always type in lower case unless the password has upper case characters, which mine doesn't.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Richard,

Congratulations on the receipt of your new mobile phone.

Now don't get upset but I'm adding a link just to show you a walkthrough on how to set up e mail on your make of phone.

Remember I'm just trying to be helpful.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howto_guide_seq=7328&prd_ia_cd=N00...

You could also try changing your e mail password and try again.

Hope all goes well.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Richard,

Congratulations on the receipt of your new mobile phone.

Now don't get upset but I'm adding a link just to show you a walkthrough on how to set up e mail on your make of phone.

Remember I'm just trying to be helpful.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howto_guide_seq=7328&prd_ia_cd=N00...

You could also try changing your e mail password and try again.

Hope all goes well.

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks BoB, I'll try that this weekend when Dad can help me.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome.

Have fun setting up your new gadget.

wink

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just changed my password on my O2 email account to see if that halps with the set up on my phone, if not I can always change it back to what it was before.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I managed to sort it last night! I was doing it wrong before, trying to set it up asn IMAP andc not POP3 as it should've been! D'oh!

I now have O2 email and Gmail on my phone, not that I use Gmail much except as a spam catcher.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news Richard.

Well done.

Message 7 of 7