cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Z5P

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has there been any development on whether o2 will get the Z5P? I wanna get one, but I don't want to have to go to another provider, yet it's probably less than a month till launch and there's no information?
Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions
Could you not store content on a USBOTG ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 49

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Providing it supports exfat in otg mode yes, but probably get very, very low screen on time lol
Message 12 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
What about on the SD card? Surely 200 GB is enough?
Message 13 of 49

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Yeah, it's enough.
Of course for half the price of that you could just get a 4k media streamer and save the battery life.
Message 14 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
An SD card drains battery life? Or u just mean from viewing the content? Also I got my 128 GB SD card for about £40 and it hasnt let me down yet, I'd hope it would be big enough for this too!
Message 15 of 49

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Both will use battery, of course tho, running 4k on a mobile screen with a mobile GPU, yh, that will eat it up.
128gb won't get you many 4k feature films of course, we'll unless they are ripped and less bitrate.
Message 16 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it can even hold one I would be happy 😛 though to some extent the only reason I want the premium is purely knowing it has a uhd screen, tbh I can't really tell the difference between full HD and qhd so I don't really think going to 4k will actually change that! To that extent I'm quite happy that it will run in 1080p most of the time. The slightly larger screen is also a bonus!
Message 17 of 49

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You really can, the difference between 1080p and 2K is very noticeable, coming from z3 to s6 it's the first thing I noticed tbh.
Message 18 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
You maybe able to, I cant. May have something to do with being colour blind I have no idea, but the difference in clarity is just not there. I looked at the s6 edge in the o2 shop and thought there is so little difference between them. And then thought why would I want a curved screen when as it stands operating my phone with one hand tends to activate something along the edges by accident, surely a curved screen makes that even worse! However, the z5 does look beautiful to me, and I will have to wait and see if the 4k makes it better. Somewhere they said the z5 had improved the screen temperature over the z3, but again being colour blind I don't think I will notice! 😛
Message 19 of 49

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It certainly feels nicer than previous Z's
Just feels more robust and solid.
I was impressed today but alas the camera disappointed me as they still seem to over sharpen and image quality was less than S6 produced.
I really, REALLY wish Sony would sort out the camera software in their phones, Z2 had it spot on but since then, each iteration has had little annoyances.
The Z5 compact had that left blur issue but the Z5 i played with didn't which is good, it's just the software that annoys me. How can samsung get a better picture from the old IMX 16mp sensor than Sony can from their own brand new 23mp one?
Message 20 of 49