Did you mean: 

Sony Z1 Reviews

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So what do people think of the new flagship from Sony? The Sony Z1

I will have to wait till after work to mess about with it but so far the reviews are not good.

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

unlucky or what!
mine works fine.

@Dave_c_85 yep mine only lost 3% betwen 1ish and 9am so looks like battery seems good but will see i get on today

alos i noticed that this is not a good phone to play with in while lying down in bed due to the weight and size and i am always on my phone while in bed browsing the net, youtube, twitter etc so one thing for me to consider..

Message 21 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@masterwai wrote:

unlucky or what!
mine works fine.

@@Anonymous yep mine only lost 3% betwen 1ish and 9am so looks like battery seems good but will see i get on today

alos i noticed that this is not a good phone to play with in while lying down in bed due to the weight and size and i am always on my phone while in bed browsing the net, youtube, twitter etc so one thing for me to consider..

See...I said it was too heavy! lol - it does start to make your arms ache tho doesn't it?!

Mine is losing battery like mad, it lost about 30% overnight (from midnight to 8am)

Going to see what I have going on in the background, probably something rogue going crazy!

Message 22 of 73

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

I picked mine up yesterday (with the QX10 lens) and I love it - tho I am a self-confessed Sony fan, my last few mobiles have been the Xperia Z, Xperia T and Xperia S.

Coming from the Z the size and weight isnt an issue for me, yes its a bit heavier but you barely notice that and to be honest I prefer my phones to have a bit of weight compared to something like the iPhone which feels too light and fragile.

Im very impressed with the camera, im quite into photography and while no cameraphone will compete with a good digital camera this is about as close as you can get (plus the QX10 lens is VERY good on its own, I stuck a 4gb memory card in it and you dont even need to have it connected to the Z1 to use it). The augmented reality stuff is nice but a bit of a gimmick however my favourite addition to the camera is the timeshift burst mode, I never have to miss a perfect shot now as I can just rewind time if I miss something important!

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 23 of 73

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so confused. i like the hardware and of this phone. fast and responsive and camera seems to be good after playing with it for a while.

so either keep and swap for a white one or cancel contract and get the s4 maybe... Smiley Frustrated

Message 24 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Latest system update was installed. Have reset to factory settings and changed as many settings as. I could find.
The phone crashes sometimes on front camera, and no other apps - Skype etc - can use it either.

I think they may have found some stock to send me one out Monday for a 'doorstep swap.' Chris at customer services has been superb with his help.
Message 25 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Latest system update was installed. Have reset to factory settings and changed as many settings as. I could find.
The phone crashes sometimes on front camera, and no other apps - Skype etc - can use it either.

I think they may have found some stock to send me one out Monday for a 'doorstep swap.' Chris at customer services has been superb with his help.

Yeah best to swap it, sounds like you got a dud!

Message 26 of 73

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

just been using the online chat to 02 about the missing headset and have been told a headset will be delivered to me within 3 days.

if people are missing it too then get in touch with them if you are after one

Message 27 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
So just updating my review as I have had it now almost 24hours... Mine does heat up but I was on it constantly trying launchers and customising it which also drained the battery a lot. I had a long phone all on it and sound was brilliant so much better than my 4s I also found it very comfortable next to my ear, with the 4s it would get hot and uncomfortable. Weight is def not an issue for me I really like it and the size just takes a bit of time... No more back pocket phone for me!

One thing that annoyed me was the quality of image that I uploaded... On my phone looks awesome crisp and nice on other devices it looks pixelated and over sharpened...

Currently having a lot of fun with buzz launcher working on making my own!
Message 28 of 73

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if it is just mine but in manual camera mode i do not have the scene selection option. the icon only appears if i select video mode if i switch back to still shots then it dissapers again.

anyone else noticed this?

Message 29 of 73

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also found that the pics was kind of average when loking at them on other devices.

Message 30 of 73