cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim tray jammed in nexus 5x

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I just upgraded to a Google lg nexus 5x today. It's a very nice phone, except for one issue.

When I inserted my nano sim and closed the tray, I can now never get it out again! Whilst the tray came out easily enough in the first place it looks like my sim will remain there forever.

I've tried the pin I got with the phone but the tray won't budge at all, not even a millimetre.

My sim card however is working fine inside it.

Can they fix this with a fancy tool in the o2 shop? Or maybe I should leave it until my next upgrade in a 2 years and do a sim swap then?

Any thoughts \ advice appreciated
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sometimes you need to push quite hard on the pin to pop the sim tray out, but if you think you are pushing too hard I would suggest you go into a shop to see if they can help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sometimes you need to push quite hard on the pin to pop the sim tray out, but if you think you are pushing too hard I would suggest you go into a shop to see if they can help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You never know when you might need to remove the sim, i.e. if the phone needed to be sent off for repair, or you wanted to put a local sim in the phone if you were traveling. Do as @MI5 suggests and go into a local O2 store. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3