cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only deals

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can O2 put the deal on my existing sim instead of sending another?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123146 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the forum

The simple answer to your question is.... yes they can put the new tariff on your old sim

They did this for me when I swapped to a sim only deal from a 24 month contract

I kept my old 3G micro sim from my S3...popped it in my new phone (Note 3) and I was up and running. I changed it eventually to a 4G sim as my phone and tariff were 4G compliant.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your previous Account was a Contract Pay monthly type you can still use the original sim. The change happens on your Account.

If the previous account was PAYG then you'll need to use the new SIM card as Contract and PAYG SIM cards hold different information.

The other reasons for changing SIM card are :

Sim is faulty.

Old sim is 3G compliant and new tariff is 4G.

New phone takes a different sized SIM card. (Sim adapters are available to change a nano sim into a Micro Sim or Standard Sim Card Size)
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123146 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Welcome to the forum

The simple answer to your question is.... yes they can put the new tariff on your old sim

They did this for me when I swapped to a sim only deal from a 24 month contract

I kept my old 3G micro sim from my S3...popped it in my new phone (Note 3) and I was up and running. I changed it eventually to a 4G sim as my phone and tariff were 4G compliant.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Basically all you need is a sim swap which they can do instore for you & will be done within 10 minutes
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 123146 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Basically all you need is a sim swap which they can do instore for you & will be done within 10 minutes

Exactly what I did @Anonymous (Two months later when I swapped to a 4G sim). As you say a 10 minute job and all done and dusted By the time I walked out of the shop I was 'swapped' successfully... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

The simple answer to your question is yes, if you are already pay monthly and the sim is the same size. Changes to your tariff are done on the system. If the sim is a different size or P&G previously you need to change to the new sim and do the sim swap either by using the form (Swap my sim ) or texting SWAP to 20220 from your old sim.

Please be aware that any contacts stored on your sim will be lost so save them to your phone in your contact settings. Alsi, if you were P&G before, after the sim change, text ACTIVE to 2020, save the settings and reboot the phone to ensure you have the correct settings for monthly contract.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
great answers and advice from all of you! I'm sure @Anonymous doesn't have any doubts after these explanations slight_smile
Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144689 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
One simple "yes" would have sufficed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
True, but sometimes is better to explain why.

Yes and no answers also tend to be a bit boring ...
Message 9 of 9