cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal and data issues, O2 or my Nexus 4?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just moved to O2 with this phone so don't know what O2 is like but either way I am having issues.

I often pull the phone out of my pocket and full signal but no data connection, I turn data on and off and it still doesn't come back on, the only solution is to restart the phone and then data comes back, Full H+ signal, this is fine until I put the phone in my pocket again.

Another issue is no signal at all even though it should be full, I have to go in and scan networks and signal comes back.

Anyone any ideas?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes phone cases can mask signal from reaching your phone, do you have the right apn
Message 2 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145119 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Have you got automatic network selection enabled?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I am going to post photos of this problem as this will explain it better.

2013-05-30 13.41.51.png

This is the phone just taken out of my pocket, It should be on H not edge, but notice the signal is not blue, this means it is not connected to the network.

2013-05-30 13.47.32.png

This shows I am using O2 contract APN

2013-05-30 13.47.41.png

Details of the APN

2013-05-30 13.47.57.png

This shows data is turned on.

2013-05-30 13.52.44.png

This is it finally connected, look how long it took to connect from the time in the first picture, this happens every single time the phone sleeps and wakes.

Message 4 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a long wait on the phone to customer services this is O2's advice, take the sim out and put it back in.  Now why didn't I think of thatSmiley Mad I gave up as they didn't have a clue to be honest and it would be pointless continuing the conversation.

Message 5 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to restart the handset - failing that it may be worth a factory reset?

Message 6 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

**ignore the restart comment** Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have to restart each and every time I want to use data as it gets the data connection to kick in.  I also went to the extreme of flashing the stock Jellybean firmware.

Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be a problem with your sim. I think it'd be worth just ordering a new free sim. I had to do this the other day as I had a very similar problem.

Message 9 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have found something, If I select WCDMA only it connects each and every time instantly, as soon as I unlock my phone I have data connection, the problem with this is not everywhere has 3G coverage, its either 3G or nothing.

Message 10 of 30