cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 Edge going to sleep whilst gaming

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am having a problem whilst gaming on my Samsung S7 Edge since I upgraded to Nougat. The phone is going to sleep after 30 seconds due to inactivity, It never used to do this on Marshmallow. The game I'm playing is Final Fantasy 9 which has a long cut scene at the beginning of the game. When I go to app permissions, one of the permissions is to stop the phone from going to sleep. 

Sorry if this has already been asked, I gave it a quick google but I found no hits. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
As it's such an old game, as you say, a workaround might be your only option.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
The game was released on the google playstore last year, its just a port of the original game. Under app permissions it says 'prevent phone from sleeping', in battery settings it wasnt set to 'app power monitor' so i moved it to unmonitored apps and the screen is still turning off whilst ingame. If i go to battery usage, optimize battery usage and turn it off for the game, the screen still goes to sleep.
Message 12 of 16

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Would you lose too much game progress if you deleted and reinstalled it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well since I upgraded I lost my save file lol so it wouldnt matter, Ill try that. I just tested another game and the screen didn't timeout so it must be game specific and not the operating system. Sorry guys.
Message 14 of 16

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
No worries mate - no guarantees deleting will fix it but worth a shot if you've got nothing to lose.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sound silly this one but try play it again but keep tapping or touching screen to prevent sleeping that way
Message 16 of 16