cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S3.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Samsung s3 for nearly 2 years and I'm having a lot of problems, it freezes, in the right hand corner next to the battery display it comes up with a sign like this🚫, I can't use it, it turns its self off and then takes ages to turn on and then the battery can show that it's empty, I am on my second battery, I hope someone can help, I don't actually want to leave O2 as they have been great, I paid my phone off but still have the contract with my calls etc.
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149312 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions
You can back up all your photo's and video's to Google+ or Dropbox without using a laptop. You can also factory reset without one, but not flash the firmware.
Personally I would delete all apps that I don't use anymore, copy all photo's etc to a cloud, such as G+ or dropbox and then do a factory reset and see how it goes.
It should be OK after you've cleared all the old files and given it some space to work with.
It is also possible that the battery needs replacing too but these are very cheap. Just make sure you buy a genuine Samsung one please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 35

AuraTodd
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is that the s3 mini?  if so mine went kapoot after two years, it kept freezing and there was an awful voice over i couldn't turn off, the battery only lasted a day and it was very slow and unresponsive.  I now have the sony M4 Aqua which I'm more happy with.

Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haven't a clue what's happened, I now have a black square on the front screen with yellow writing, I've lost all my pictures, it's still doing the 🚫 sign, so obviously it's time to get a new phone.
Message 13 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 125911 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Haven't a clue what's happened, I now have a black square on the front screen with yellow writing, I've lost all my pictures, it's still doing the 🚫 sign, so obviously it's time to get a new phone.

Have you rebooted the phone since this happened?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 35

MI5
  • 149312 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28492 Solutions
More importantly. what did you do prior to getting to this condition?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 125911 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
More importantly. what did you do prior to getting to this condition?

Yeah well...I didn't want to ask that @MI5 Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haven't a clue, spoke with O2 and they said to reset everything which I did and this happened, unless I've bloody pressed something I shouldn't, it won't even connect to O2. Would it be best to take it to O2? I appreciate everyone's help.
Message 17 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried turning it off, taking the battery out, leaving switched off, someone said on another site its something to do with factory test, whatever that means. Maybe just best taking it to O2.
Message 18 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope just the s3, I love it so don't really want to lose it. It's 2 years old in September. Thought they would last a little longer.
Message 19 of 35

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You are far better dealing with Samsung rather than the shoddy anovo who are o2's repairers.

I think you are talking about a factory reset which is always advisable to try first as long as you have backed up the phone. 

Message 20 of 35