cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 3 WiFi issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi im having terrible trouble keeping a connection to wifi on my Note 3.The connection is just so unstable,no other device in my house had this problem,and yes i have tried switching all other devices off as well,but it makes no diffetence,HELP
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

For those being afflicted with this wireless issue, do you have a 3G or 4G service..?  If 3G (with the problem) then I wonder if switching off the auto connect for LTE/WCDMA/GSM might help..?  It's just a thought given that when the issue occurs it's polling for a network/data service I believe.

Settings > More Networks > Mobile networks > Network mode > WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)

It's probably a very, very long shot but wonder if those with 3G only might have some success by not having the phone poll for a LTE service.  I'm on a 3G service though and DON'T have this problem (have tried both auto connect options and it's fine for either, always).

There's a new firmware out now (MJ6) which is supposed to have quite a few bug fixes.  Let's hope it includes a fix for this.

Jonty.

Message 21 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Picked up a Note 3 LTE on Monday and been having a good play with it, must say I have not had ANY wifi issues.

Tried it on a Netgear R6300 and also a BT Home Hub 4 - both 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz - always using WPA/WPA2.

Running stock unbranded firmware.

Message 22 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Part of the changelog for the latest software update (UDMJ6) is, "Wi-Fi Firmware Update".  It would be interesting to know if this cure the problem, albeit for unbranded devices until O2 test/update/push.

Jonty.

Message 23 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
And another update is out (UDMJ7) but whether it cures the wifi fault who knows. In fact have any of the updates so far done this to unbranded handsets? Did the O2 release fix branded ones? Do we actually know if this is a brand-only affliction? Beginning to wonder how real this issue is - allegedly a big problem yet hardly anyone sharing what they've done, found or otherwise.

Jonty.
Message 24 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
The internet will make one persons issue into an epidemic !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed this issue now and its quite annoying. I have a feeling the update will rectify such a major issue. When we will get though I have no idea. Have to wait for O2 to bloat it with their crap first. 

I'd recommend flashing the stock ROM (J7)

Message 26 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone.

I've had my Note 3 since October and have been having EXACTLY the same issues with wifi as all you good people have stated.
I Tried all the so called 'fixes' but none of them worked. In the end I sent my Phone back to Samsung in the UK and they've fixed it.
The notes on the repair sheet said they'd 'upgraded the software'. Before I tried the phone I told the guy in the shop that I'd done all the updates known to man and doubted it had been fixed. He said that Samsung do a 'Level 2 software upgrade' that users cannot do.
Although when I turned the phone on it still prompted me for a 'firmware' update. But bottom line is that I've been using it for 3 days and it's fine. I sent mine back through the car phone warehouse in the UK and got it back in 9 days.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Joe
Message 27 of 27