cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SIII APN problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently updated my Samsung Galaxy SIII (i9300) to a newer version of android. After I had updated I noticed I cannot use 3G, SMS messaging or calls. I presume there is something wrong with the apn I'm assigned to so I searched up the correct o2 pay monthly apn, I found that the correct one is mabile.02.co.uk so I went to check that I was using that one but when I opened the 'Access Point Names' menu I found that there were tow mobile.02.co.uk apn's (Neither of these seem to work) does anyone know how to fix this? Because at the moment I cant use my phone as a phone.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

when i dial it it says 'mobile network not available'

Message 21 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

also when trying to go into the settings for calling it says 'network or sim card error'

Message 22 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It's not looking good so far.
What root method did you use?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

erm that was a long time ago i have CM6.0.4.3 bootloader ill find the video i followed 

Message 24 of 35

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes, that was a long time ago - Any particular reason that you need root?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

a fair while ago i used cyanogen mod but i have since returened to stock because of one of the updates for cyanogen drained battery excessivly

Message 26 of 35

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
OK, so you happy now to get rid of root and flash latest stock ROM again?

Currently using:
Message 27 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah ive got the latest stock rom but its still rooted shall i unroot it?

Message 28 of 35

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Flash MK6 with Odin.
It will remove root anyway and is the safest method of restoring your phone to stock.
Download MK6 from here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ (type i9300oxa in the search box and MK6 is top of the list).
Then follow the Odin flash guide I wrote here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...

Currently using:
Message 29 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ill try that and get back to you

Message 30 of 35