cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Wifi Calling

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that o2 is going to be ending it's TuGo service I need to activate wifi calling on my device.

I have requested the 4G and wifi calling through o2 which should be activated in 24 hours however there is no option for me to activate Wifi calling on my S8+.

I have checked the firmware and it is the latest, however not an o2 firmware even though I purchased directly from an o2 store.

I need wifi calling as I get no signal at work, but it looks like I wont be able to make or recieve calls/texts if TuGo is going to end.

Can anyone provide any help on this?

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
No idea, but if it's not working it probably explains why.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 46

MarkPainter
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I set that up for my Samsung supplied S8 when I first heard that they were dumping TUGO, but the WIFI option has never showed - and still doesn't.

REALLy not happy about the situation.

Message 42 of 46

swebby
  • 88 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Mark,

1. Request WiFi calling in My02.
  2. Wait for up to to 24 hours.
  3. Switch phone off and on again.
  4. Open phone app.
  5. Select 3 dots menu at top right of screen.
  6. Select settings.
  7. Scroll down and switch on Wi-Fi Calling.

I think there is another similar switch for 4G calling, under Phone Settings - Connections - Data, although I cannot check at the moment, because I'm in a 4G NotSpot at the moment.

Good luck

S8+, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Chromebook.
Message 43 of 46

swebby
Level 3: Thinker
  • 88 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Mark,

From O2:

To check if your phone’s running O2 firmware, dial *#1234# on one of the supported devices and look at the CSC entry. If this line includes ‘TEF’, ‘O2U’ or ‘OTF’ then your device has O2 firmware and you can set up Wifi and 4G Calling. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+, the CSC may also include ‘OXM’, in this case you have open market firmware and in this case you can use Wifi and 4G Calling.

If the CSC does not include one of the mentioned codes then Wifi and 4G Calling isn’t supported on your phone right now. If you need more info, get in touch.

So in your case, if CSC number includes TEF, O2U, OTF or OXM, it should work.

S8+, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Chromebook.
Message 44 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

It has been enabled on open market S8's now so an O2 CSC is no longer required.

(just for clarity).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

So glad I came across your post! having just spent 2 hours with o2 they still did not solve my problem! referring me back to Samsung every time they ran out of ideas!!

Thank you for posting this, great help.

Message 46 of 46