Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 - Bluetooth rSAP and 3G Network

Shuntfield
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello Everyone, 

I seem to be having a strange problem with my phone, and I wondered if anyone is in the same situation or is able to replicate it.

I have an Audi S3 that has a built in Hands Free Kit, it allows connection via Bluetooth Handsfree Profile, and also Bluetooth Remote SIM Access Profile rSAP. The latter is the better connection of the two because it essentially "copies" the SIM into the car and the cars built in equipment can use the SIM to access data and make calls. Making all the whistles and bells work via the MMI and the antenna on the roof.

The stock SGS Android P software didn't have this function when I upgraded to Android Q the function appeared.

This all works fine, until I exit the car. Especially if I am in 4G coverage, the phone will connect back to the 4G network and all is fine.

If I try to make a call (I do not have 4G calling or WiFi calling enabled - thats another story) then the network/phone should normally drop back to 3G and make the call.

In my case it does not. It sits on 4G trying to make a call, then times out and abandons the call, if some one calls me then they go direct to the voicemail.

If I force the phone to 3G then I lose the HSDPA packet connection altogether.

If I force the phone to 2G then I can make calls and EDGE connection is fine.

If I switch back to 4G then data is fine but I cannot make a call.

To resolve:

• Eject the SIM and reinsert it or;
  • Restart the phone

I wondered if anyone can replicate the problem. The phone was a little glitchy anyway, and I haven't done a factory reset for a while, and I did that and the problem existed before, and now after doing that.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Shunts...

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Shuntfield
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

This is actually back again.
I have a new phone and a new car, and it's back.
Changing the SIM resolves it in the short term, but there must be some mis-provisioning on my account or SIM card.

The only way to really resolve it is to invoke an IMSI/TMSI handshake again either by ejecting the SIM or restarting the phone.

Not sure how I could get this over to the right person at O2.

Shunts...

Message 11 of 11