Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 - Bluetooth rSAP and 3G Network

Shuntfield
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello Everyone, 

I seem to be having a strange problem with my phone, and I wondered if anyone is in the same situation or is able to replicate it.

I have an Audi S3 that has a built in Hands Free Kit, it allows connection via Bluetooth Handsfree Profile, and also Bluetooth Remote SIM Access Profile rSAP. The latter is the better connection of the two because it essentially "copies" the SIM into the car and the cars built in equipment can use the SIM to access data and make calls. Making all the whistles and bells work via the MMI and the antenna on the roof.

The stock SGS Android P software didn't have this function when I upgraded to Android Q the function appeared.

This all works fine, until I exit the car. Especially if I am in 4G coverage, the phone will connect back to the 4G network and all is fine.

If I try to make a call (I do not have 4G calling or WiFi calling enabled - thats another story) then the network/phone should normally drop back to 3G and make the call.

In my case it does not. It sits on 4G trying to make a call, then times out and abandons the call, if some one calls me then they go direct to the voicemail.

If I force the phone to 3G then I lose the HSDPA packet connection altogether.

If I force the phone to 2G then I can make calls and EDGE connection is fine.

If I switch back to 4G then data is fine but I cannot make a call.

To resolve:

• Eject the SIM and reinsert it or;
  • Restart the phone

I wondered if anyone can replicate the problem. The phone was a little glitchy anyway, and I haven't done a factory reset for a while, and I did that and the problem existed before, and now after doing that.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Shunts...

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shuntfield
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thought a stab at a new SIM card would do it.

... and it has, there must have been a problem with the old card. Anyhow its working fine now.

Shunts...

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've not had the problem for a few years and it was back when you needed an app for rSAP.
The problem was fixed with a software update to the car.
Infotainment systems need constant updating as technology changes rapidly so check with your dealer to see what updates are available.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Shuntfield
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

There are no updates for the car.

Message 3 of 11

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Have you done a factory reset since upgrading to 10?

Can you try using it in safe mode and see the results ?
My note 10 WiFi calling and volte stopped working after updating to Q, a factory reset solved it after proving the point with safe mode.
unnamed
Message 4 of 11

Shuntfield
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@BOSSGOGG in my original post, I said that I have Factory Reset it, and that hasnt't cured it.

Message 5 of 11

BOSSGOGG
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Apologies, didn't see that.

Try running it in safe mode to rule out app crazyness.
unnamed
Message 6 of 11

Shuntfield
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

For anyone who is interested I posted the problem in the Samsung Members App.

They came back with me having to take the phone to a Samsung Store to have a logging mode enabled on it then to go back an conduct the anomoly and report back with the test files.

As the nearest Samsung Service centre is a bit of a trek away from me I will deal with it later. I might end up not doing it at all, I have a S20 Ultra Pre-Ordered so then it may go away... all of its own accord! innocent

Shunts...

Message 7 of 11

Shuntfield
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thought a stab at a new SIM card would do it.

... and it has, there must have been a problem with the old card. Anyhow its working fine now.

Shunts...

Message 8 of 11

BOSSGOGG
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Great. Thanks for sharing the solution.

Strange one for sure.
unnamed
Message 9 of 11

jonsie