cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy 5 problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Having a problem with my Samsung Galaxy 5. I am coming to the end of my 2 year contract with this phone  and would like to keep it for a bit longer. Anyway it keeps on shutting itself off. It will work fine and then all of a sudden it will shut it self off for a while (over 30 mins) then it will come back on, but it will go from 64% down to 9% when it comes back on. When it goes off it will vibrate and repeatedly show the samsung galaxy android loading page then go off then show this page again. It really is a pain as I use my phone alot and cant be doing with this packing in on me. It has been doing this for the past week!

Any advice would be great, is it the phone? is it the battery? is it the charger? or should I just bite the bullet and upgrade?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I would say almost certainly the battery. I had a similar problem on the Note 4 but no problems since Samsung replaced the battery for me. It would suddeny switch off at 50% and boot loop before refusing to switch on . When plugged in it showed 50% again.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Most likely the battery (difficult to say 100% without seeing the phone though), but worth trying another battery to see.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous It sounds like you're ready for an upgrade, but if you want to use the phone as a backup you can always contact Samsung. They may be able to help. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Anonymous It sounds like you're ready for an upgrade, but if you want to use the phone as a backup you can always contact Samsung. They may be able to help. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

Worth doing anyway before your 2 year warranty is up.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I would say almost certainly the battery. I had a similar problem on the Note 4 but no problems since Samsung replaced the battery for me. It would suddeny switch off at 50% and boot loop before refusing to switch on . When plugged in it showed 50% again.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for getting back to me,  I will look into a new battery and hope for the best.

Message 6 of 6