cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Android wifi issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all! have had nothing but problems with my galaxy s3 mini since bought it - most recently the phone is saying that it can detect wifi signals but for some reason will not connect  - apparently there are issues obtaining an IP address and some sort of DNS problem/ network configuration.  Also over past few months have had to factory reset at least 4 times to get rid of problems with play store not loading and messages galore about gapps processes etc not working.

Anyone experiencing similar problems??

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Almost certainly a router issue, have you tried using your phone to connect to wi-fi elsewhere?

If it works that would confirm it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149612 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Sounds like your software is corrupt. Usually these phones are very stable. I'd get it in for repair and have it checked out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

been sent for repair twice now! said was repaired but same fault recurred.  Eventually sent a replacement phone and guess what.... that did not work either! even brought it to o2 shop to check wasnt my wifi or hub and they confirmed problem with the phone

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149612 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
This happens often unfortunately. The replacement phone you received would have been a refurbished phone which a customer had previously returned (possibly because of the same error). O2 just repackage and send them out again hoping that the new customer doesn't find the original problem.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was sent another galaxy - did exactly the same thing - argued and was offered a sony xperia in its place - guess what - it does exactly the same thing! worse - when trying to resolve it i have knocked off my home wifi and it wont obtain an ip address now either!

Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

To be honest, after 3 different phones I would be looking at your home wifi router as the issue.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 149612 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Something more than a phone issue here.....
Message 7 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Almost certainly a router issue, have you tried using your phone to connect to wi-fi elsewhere?

If it works that would confirm it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 8