cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 and o2 open

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking to upgrade from s7 to s8. Does anyone know if 02 open will work. If nhs staff still get discount? Also is it now 25% as I get 30% currently.

Same question every year 😂😂
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Yes to both. slight_smile

There are currently no excluded handsets on the O2 Open discount programme, so the S8 does qualify. And you're right that the standard discount offered is now 25% where the tariff selected includes 3GB or more of data.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Yes to both. slight_smile

There are currently no excluded handsets on the O2 Open discount programme, so the S8 does qualify. And you're right that the standard discount offered is now 25% where the tariff selected includes 3GB or more of data.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Latest open rules here but it's a good bet that it will be at least a month before the S8 is allowed on the scheme.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-H...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

SteerElite
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was wandering the same thing! I've asked and o2 have confirmed the discounts will be available from launch slight_smile 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
That's good news for a change.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that. I think the s6 you could straight out. Just noticed now need a code for instead for open! Never easy is it lol
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The code is NHS01

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's brilliant thank you
Message 8 of 8