Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ lagging

Libs
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've not downloaded anything new and it was working super fast and fine until the mast 4 days and now is so slow, it takes forever to open the keyboard or an app. It's frustrating. I really don't want to do a hard reset incase I lose all my photos and I'm already having trouble finding a way to back them up safely.

Anyine else has this lag issue? It's less than a year old.

Also, anyone recommend a secure place to store photo so I'm afraid if losing them and iCloud just keeps crashing during the load up,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Libs 

Even if they are not in the folders you want them to be in, Google Photos will keep then safe and secure. 

You could even use an external hard drive as extra security.

As far as your phone being slow, you need to check any recent app updates that may be causing it but at least close all running apps and force a reboot by holding the power key to clear the cache.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Libs
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 39 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.

Its a very severe lag. I rebooted my phone, updated apps, cleared cache on as many as I could. It's still badly lagging. My phone )s so slow. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Libs
Try this:
Wipe Cache Partition
On some occasions, Galaxy S10 is lagging due to a corrupted system cache partition. To solve that, you have to wipe cache partition following the next steps:
Shut down your Galaxy S10
Press and hold the Volume Up and Bixby keys for a few seconds
Press and hold the Power button without releasing the Volume Up and Bixby button
When the green Android logo pops up, release all the buttons
In the Android Recovery Menu that opens up, navigate to Wipe Cache Partition and select the option by pressing the Power key
When Wipe Cache Partition is done, restart your device
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Libs , it would be lovely to hear how you're getting on with this and if the above steps from @MI5 did the trick? slight_smile

Message 5 of 5