Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS

Rash0007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, I have a issue with RCS and I will try to explain as simply as I can so I had enabled RCS in the Google messages app, I went shopping my wife sent a RCS chat message however as I didn't have data enabled I didn't receive this until I got home and my phone connected to the WiFi, previously when I was on Tesco mobile this RCS chat message would have been reversed back to SMS and I would I have still received it at the moment it was sent , I have spoken to Google on the pixel help using chat and also the Google community page and both have said that this is a feature that is still present in message however it's up to the network provider to use, according to them there should be a option in messages app setting under the chat menu where it should state try to send message as SMS if fail to send as RCS but this is not present there when I look for it. Can anyone help? Thanks 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Rash0007

Looks like the option was removed in late 2020, you now need to tap and hold the message to resend as an SMS, once the message fails to send.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Rash0007
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
  • I forgot to add I have pixel 5 latest update and using Google messages app 
Message 2 of 9

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Rash0007

What Pixel do you have?

As I can't find that option, on either of my Android Devices (Samsung on Virgin (unlocked) and Motorola Razr 5G).

If I remember its done automatically by the senders phone as RCS is not carrier dependent, and currently upto the Google service to send as sms.
Message 3 of 9

Rash0007
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife has a Huawei p smart , when we were both on Tesco mobile I remember there was a option something like resend as SMS or along them lines, now I am on 02 and wife is on sky mobile the option is gone for both of us , when I have spoken to Google in the past they have said the RCS part is Google however re-send as SMS is up to the network provider to have this as a option.

Message 4 of 9

Rash0007
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pixel 5

Message 5 of 9

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Rash0007

Looks like the option was removed in late 2020, you now need to tap and hold the message to resend as an SMS, once the message fails to send.
Message 6 of 9

Rash0007
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but why would Google or the carrier remove such a option ? I asked on the Google community page and got told to send feedback  lol and now the message is locked so can't update or reply. 

Message 7 of 9

madasaf1sh
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
It will be Google as it seems to be a global change, across multiple locations and carriers 😞
Message 8 of 9

Rash0007
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks you all for the information.
Message 9 of 9