cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with receiving texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having an issue with my phone where I am not receiving some texts. Seems to be roughly 1 out of 20 texts not being received... These have been from numerous people from numerous networks. This has been happening for approx 3 weeks now.

I have spoken to O2 tonight and they weren't exactly helpful to say the least, was basically told it isn't an o2 problem and must be the handset (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) Despite me resetting network settings numerous times and doing a full factory reset on the phone.

o2 advise trying a different handset for 24-48 hours to see if the problem is on that handset too, although I don't have access to another O2 handset. Eventually I persisted telling them it isn't the handset.

Another thing is they have sent me a new sim card to try out to see if that is the problem, so we will see how that goes.

Does anyone have any clue what the issue may be and any way to possibly sort it out without too much messing around.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146903 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
I would suggest trying a new sim card first too but, if you have Tugo installed, you might want to try logging out of that too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers MI5, will try the new sim when I get it.

I also have no 3rd party apps that affect messaging or phone calls so shouldn't be that...

I can't help noticing looking through these forums there are numerous people complaining of the same issues and all being told there is no issue with O2.

Hoping someone from O2 starts to look in to this... 

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers MI5, will try the new sim when I get it.

I also have no 3rd party apps that affect messaging or phone    calls so shouldn't be that...

I can't help noticing looking through these forums there are numerous people complaining of the same issues and all being told there is no issue with O2.

Hoping someone from O2 starts to look in to this... 

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 146903 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
You may be surprised to know that on average 1 in 4 text messages never get delivered (on any network, not just O2). It isn't a 100% reliable system and can be affected by many external factors.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesn't really surprise me to be honest, although I am having a bit of a moan now, I accept that no system is 100% successful.

Just can't work out why all of a sudden I am noticing it and being affected by it quite a lot.

Anyway, will try the new sim when it comes and post back.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 146903 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Hopefully the sim will sort it for you.
Message 7 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Are you still having problems with missing text messages or did the replacement sim fix the problem for you. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the late reply... But no it hasn't. O2 have pretty much wiped their hands of it telling me its the handset at fault and the only way to test would be to try a different phone for 72 hours to see if it persists... Problem being that:

A) I dont have access to another handset

B) It isn't all the time and it isn't always obvious that I've not received a text...

Bit annoying at the moment, especially given that I'm currently looking at pre-ordering the Note 7 which I obviously don't want to do if it's going to be the same...

Message 9 of 9