cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SD card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My SD card for my Samsung Galaxy S4 recently crashed and I've lost a few apps and most annoyingly allot of my rings tones that came as standard with the phone, does anyone know how i can get them back? I had to reset the SD card so I think that's why I've lost them.

Thanks!

Kirsty

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Yes, they should be on the phone, that's why I was asking.....
I think the only thing you can do is a factory reset now.
You will have broken file links to apps that don't exist which will give you issues running the apps and your missing tones should come back after a reset too.
If you have any files (not on the micro SD card) that you want to keep, you should back them up to your PC then do a reset from the recovery menu.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-To-Reset-your-Samsung-after-a-Firm...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

One of our regular contributors, MI5, is very well versed in Samsing phones. Hopefully he will respond to your query, but it doesn't sound like something an SD card would cause. You wouldn't have had any apps stored on it. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have reformatted then it's a possibility they are lost.

Did you do any back ups to a PC suite !

I do believe that model of Samsung allows apps to be stored on a sd card.

@MI5 do you know of any recovery software ?
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24000 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

I stand corrected. You can move some apps, but not all on the S4. The app developer needs to give permission. It's possible that the OP's crash has been caused by recent updates. Hopefully MI5 will be able to help.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Can you confirm if you are talking about the internal phone storage or a removable micro SD card please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think its the actual Micro SD card. I should have made a mental note of the original error that came up! I can see that a couple of my apps are no longer downloaded, they have a grey Android symbol with a small SD card by them. I'm not sure why some of my ring tones have been deleted either, I thought they were on the phone and not the SD card??

Thanks!

Kirsty

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Yes, they should be on the phone, that's why I was asking.....
I think the only thing you can do is a factory reset now.
You will have broken file links to apps that don't exist which will give you issues running the apps and your missing tones should come back after a reset too.
If you have any files (not on the micro SD card) that you want to keep, you should back them up to your PC then do a reset from the recovery menu.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-To-Reset-your-Samsung-after-a-Firm...
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks will try that. If I don't do a back up will I loose my contacts and apps or is it just photo's, that kind of thing?

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Contacts should be backed up to Google, check here https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=wm#contacts They will auto sync with phone.
Apps will be available under "My Apps" tab in Google Play store, but again, should auto download to your phone.
Photos and videos will be wiped (unless you use Dropbox?) and text messages will also be wiped, but you can use this app to back up text messages https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&hl=en-GB
Message 9 of 9