Did you mean: 

Problem with Galaxy S5 after updating to 5.0

Grilo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

20150125_091504.jpgHi,

I have an unbranded (BTU) Samsung S5 bought last November at the Carphone Warehouse.

Recently updated from 4.4.2 to 5.0 via Kies and everything seemed to go smooth without ant problems. Once completed, I done the hard reset and reinstalled everything again. The phone runs fine with nothing to report other than when I come to the end of the day and switch it off and leave it on charge during the night. The next morning when I try to switch it back on I get a recovery mode screen and to get rid of it I have to long press the power button until it finally returns to the normal Samsung starting up screen and then is fine.

Attached is a picture of what I'm getting in the hope that someone here can throw some light on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

jgrilo
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
I would think that is the best idea mate - If you mess with it and void the warranty they won't be interested in looking at it at all......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 21 of 30

Grilo
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yeah I did notice that "custom" and it's bugging me as to why! The phone was bought in a sealed box from Carphone Werehouse and it was me that broke the seal and this update was the first it's had and have only connected it to kies on my pc, nothing else.

jgrilo
Message 22 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23224 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

Definitely take it Samsung for any diagnostic or repair. DO NOT send it off to O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 30

Grilo
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok. I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday so I think I'll pay the Samsung shop a visit in Tottenham Court Road to see what they say about it. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for all your replies. Regards.

jgrilo
Message 24 of 30

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
No problem, hope you get it sorted.
Message 25 of 30

Grilo
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Personally I would try doing a repair install via kies to make sure everything went on ok in the last update.
Back everything important up first.

Hi!

Had my two days off and didn't get to go to Samsung about the problem on my phone, so decided to follow Viridis advice and go to Kies and do a "Firmware Upgrade and initialisacion" and it seems to have solved the problem. It no longer shows "custom" on Boot Recovery mode and has started up with no problem so far. Clearly something went wrong when I first upgraded it but got no error messages or any signs that there was a problem.

So, I would like to thank everyone who replied with there thoughts and advice but I would like to especialy thank Viridis.

God bless you all.20150128_180513.jpg

jgrilo
Message 26 of 30

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
Good one - that's looking much better.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 27 of 30

Grilo
  • 24 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I'm a happy bunny!!
Thanks MI5. Take care!

(From what I've read here, you are a true Mastermind and a Genius!)
jgrilo
Message 28 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Grilo wrote:
I'm a happy bunny!!
Thanks MI5. Take care!

(From what I've read here, you are a true Mastermind and a Genius!)

Blimey @MI5  A Mastermind AND a Genius?......LOL

(Watch that head getting through the door now) Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 30

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

Just happy to help @Grilo , as we all are Mexican Wave

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 30 of 30