Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oreo update

Lipek
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.i am an Xperia xz user and aparently Oreo update is rolling out but when i check my phone there is still nothing to update!!

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@LipekI think they are rolling it out in stages. You may just have to be patient I think....Sorry..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@LipekI think they are rolling it out in stages. You may just have to be patient I think....Sorry..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 31

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
If you got it from carphone warehouse, you will have to wait for the UK unlocked version to roll out.
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it’s an o2 branded handset then you will have to wait until google releases it to o2 for testing & then o2 will fully test it & add their bloatware to it before releasing it to their android devices 

Message 4 of 31

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

O2 have already approved it  and started the roll out last Thursday.
As already stated, there is no generic uk firmware available yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise against upgrading to Oreo just yet. I did so on Thursday and it's caused me nothing but problems.

The battery drains fast and the performance is sluggish. But most annoyingly, it seems to have messed up the sensors for the upper part of my screen.

The drop down task bar, when swiping down, seems to randomly choose if it will fully or not at all. On occasion it will take me to the "Search Applications" screen.

Thinking that a full reset should resolve any issues being experienced (as it normally does), has now resulted in the sensors being a further problem and unresponsive. I can no longer delete surplus screens, remove apps and widgets from the screens and I can not use the search and options in the menu.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO OREO!

Message 6 of 31

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Sounds more like a hardware fault on the sensor board to me.
Message 8 of 31

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Does it not have the pull down at different points for different actions or is that just on my custom rom?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 31

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
That sounds custom, stock should be standard two stage pull down.
Message 10 of 31