cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Plus 3/3T

Anonymous
Not applicable
Less than a month ago I decided to start a new O2 Refresh contract with a One Plus 3 device. The phone is basically brand new (no scratches and original packaging) and was only announced a few months ago, but One Plus has announced and released a newer version called the One Plus 3T is the last few days, which has made my device redundant after being less than a month old. Is there anyway I could hand in my One Plus 3 and pay extra to get a 3T?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Only if you pay it off fully and start a new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Only if you pay it off fully and start a new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We knew some people would feel annoyed at the decision to stock the upgraded version so soon after release of the OP3...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah called it already..... but such is the speed of change in tech these days.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I understand the speed of tech advancements Rich but surprised at the business strategy of OnePlus.

Surely they would still have a lot more mileage with the OnePlus3. People will cast that aside now to go for the newer version?

Similar to shooting themselves in the foot?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well they are still selling the newer version so I guess they won't lose much.
Who knows, they may be replacing this one in 6 months time too.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Yep, there's sure to be a OnePlus 4 in the not too distant future. No way to really future proof any phone you buy.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I understand, it's just really annoying as I've just got the phone. One Plus doesn't have a record of releasing mid cycle upgrades too, I'll just go into an O2 shop and ask
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah I understand, it's just really annoying as I've just got the phone. One Plus doesn't have a record of releasing mid cycle upgrades too, I'll just go into an O2 shop and ask

As stated, the only way this would be possible is if you paid off the handset, sold it and then bought the 3T.

Message 9 of 9