cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nougat finally released for the O2 Galaxy S6!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

WOOHOO!!!! Finally!!!!

Some 8 months and 23 days after it was first released, Android Nougat has just been downloaded to my O2 32GB Galaxy S6 and is currently being installed as I type. 

If you have an S6, check your software update in Settings. It wasn't pushed to my device, I manually checked it just now and the update started downloading. I last checked it yesterday and the update wasn't available then, so it must have appeared today.

It's a 1.3gb file, but hopefully it's worth the very long wait.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not really almost 9 months though as Samsung didn't release it for the S6 until early March and only Voda have pushed it out before O2, so they've not hung about with it in reality.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah, bit of a stretch on timescale tbh.
Message 3 of 23

jonsie
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hope it doesn't give you any issues after the long wait but you won't see much difference to be honest. 

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to read reviews first before installing Nougat....apparently it makes the S6 battery worse than it already is.

Message 5 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Great news @Anonymous You will have to let us know what you think of the update once you have it installed! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

So why is it not available on samfirmware directly?

Message 7 of 23

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you checked for the BTU firmware as we don't know the CSC of the phone that has updated, it may be generic firmware?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my S6 heard what i said about it above.......I now have the black screen of doom  slight_frown

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

So perhaps instead of it being O2 specific firmare its unbranded used by O2 customers?

Message 10 of 23