Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 saga.

chriswp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Disgusted isn't the word. It started last week when I tried to upgrade on refresh for the new Note 4. Even though it was supposed to be released on the 17th the online shop only said ''coming soon''. Went on live chat and I was assured that it was in stock and I could order. Still couldn't order it, so phoned 202....45 minutes later the call cut off. So after a few days of trying I managed to order it online yesterday and was informed the phone would arrive today, so I took the day off work and waited and waited and waited. Went on live chat and was told that when I ordered, even though my order was taken, the phone was out of stock..... so why didn't the system tell me this instead of telling me it would be delivered tomorrow? Now I'm told its back in stock and will be delivered in the next 24 to 48 hours meaning I have to take another day off work, but which day do I take off?

Did some searching online on this company and it doesn't make good reading, they appear to be a complete cluster**bleep** when it comes to customer service, orders etc. Depending on what happens in the next few days I may well be cancelling completely and going elsewhere. 

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Not in a position for workplace delivery I take it?
Message 11 of 55

chriswp
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not where I work unfortunately and the neighbours I know are in the same position as me, out at work. Never mind, I'll give it a day or two and see what happens. By the sound of it there are many in the same position with this company so we'll see. 

Message 12 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly same position as me - the customer service agent I spoke to was v helpful.. after the 40 minute wait to be connected.

What I want to know is though, why it says I can still 'buy' one, on a new contract according to the website - no mention of it being out of stock on there.

I called back on 202 cos I had been waiting for notification of when the upgrade will go through, but nothing.. And like most people I can't randomly take the day off, and not sure how easy, given the rest of the saga, it will be to change the address I want it delivered to. Would just have preferred it if they had been honest, and told me it was likely to be a few more days. 

Message 13 of 55

chriswp
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I honestly believe they are sending them out to new customers and to hell with existing customers like us, we can wait. If there's no news tomorrow I will be cancelling and if anything goes wrong with the cancellation I will be taking them to court. 

Message 14 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
If its an IT issue its not fixed! I ordered my Note 4 on 20 October for delivery on 21 October. On site it said phone was in stock and would be dispatched fo rnext day delivery. It didn't turn up. So spoke with O2 on 'Chat' and they said it was being prioritised for delivery today. Wasn't shown as dispatched on 'my O2". Spoke on 'Chat' again and was told by supervisor that phone is out of stock and they couldn't even tell me when it would be disptached. Go to O2 site though and it says in stock for next day delivery !
Message 15 of 55

chriswp
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

latest update: I went on chat this morning to find out what's happening after being told yesterday that it would be delivered in 24 to 48 hours. Guess what,  they say it's out of stock again!  So that's my lot, I told the operator to cancel my upgrade and revert back to previous contract.  I also asked for confirmation in writing so I hope that doesn't go wrong.  How can I tell it's been cancelled if they don't confirm it? 

I will now buy a sim free phone from another company if I can find one as they're like gold dust now and cancel my contact when 2 years is up in 6 months.

I'll have nothing more to do with this **bleep** company after that. 

Message 16 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your myo2 should reflect your orders status and ring them on 202 to confirm is my advice.

Chat can be a little hit and miss.
Message 17 of 55

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It should say in my o2 under order status.
Instead of in progress, it will say, cancelled.
Not always instant tho.
Message 18 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Check recent orders in My O2 but O2 should be able to confirm the order status as cancelled. Speak to them as advised.

It really has become quite pathetic and a complete disgrace the way O2 are handling sales. The website and stock needs to be 'live' to show the exact stock when placing an order. It's not difficult to implement.

Message 19 of 55

chriswp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lovely job it says cancelled so I'll start looking round for a sim free now. Many thanks for the help on here maybe you guys should be working for customer services  

Message 20 of 55