cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 Lollipop BT - trusted connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

My phone went to lollipop when it came out last week.  I was ready to factory reset it straight away but i ran with it for a while as it didnt seem to need it.  However at the back of my mind there was a nagging feeling i should reset

So last night i backed everything up (also found the new smart switch software) and did the factory reset.

Put my phone back to how i like it and put the apps back on.  However when i got into my car this morning and joined it over BT on the hands free system i got an extra option to make that connection trusted and not to lock the screen while connected.  I have read about this feature but couldnt see anywhere in the settings for it under BT.  The screen to make it trusted popped up straight away as soon as i paired.  This didnt happen for me until i did the factory reset. 

I wonder if other people have had the option without resetting?  Interested to see how peoples trusted connections have gone.

Cheers slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
It should also now show under trusted devices in the lock screen options.
It is little things like this that are the reason I always factory reset after a major update. Everything can appear OK but there maybe features you're not getting that you don't know about.
Many don't want to reset though, unless it's absolutely necessary as it's a bit of a pain sometimes, which I fully understand.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply @mi5. I don't see any options in my lock screen settings area for trusted devices. Only camera, memo, lock with power button etc. Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Might be under Security ?
Depends where Samsung have put it......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Found it. Under security and then right at the bottom hidden away called smart lock.

Not the easiest thing to find but very useful for the car!
Message 5 of 5