cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls or texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just bought a Google pixel XL from carphone warehouse. I was am existing o2 customer so I upgraded. In order to upgrade they required me to get a new sim card but I could keep my original number, there was a fault with this sim card which I got sorted by getting a new sim card from the o2 store this solved my problem.

Today my phone has stopped receiving text messages and calls but let's me send texts and make phone calls. I also have access to the internet. When someone tries to phone me it either says that the number they have entered is incorrect (which it is not) or that number no longer exists.

I have tried following all the online help (switch off/switch on, remove sim card, manually select network, unconnect to network then reconnect etc) and tried getting in touch with o2 guru chat although it is difficult to tell the problem over the given medium. I was hoping for a solution apart from get another sim.
Please help
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I think another sim may be your only option I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you on a temporary number at all instead of your usual phone number 

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144408 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I think another sim may be your only option I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
No it's my proper number
Message 4 of 4