Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New software update on Huawei Pro 20 Mate

Red5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There's a new UI software update, I can see it is available but O2 will not allow me to update it, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can update to 9.01?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Red5 Either remove your sim card and try to update or put a sim card in your phone from a network that has already allowed the update (probably EE).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Red5
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks but it did not work.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like you have an O2 customisation so you'll have to wait for O2 to approve it and authorise Huawei to push it out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This will likely be a staggered roll out like most, you'll just have to wait your turn.
Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 5 of 8

Atrindoril
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If go into HiCare you can request the update. Did it on mine earlier and update was available immediately. So far, much quicker to use. Still no voip though
Message 6 of 8

Red5
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
HiCare shows as update as available, O2 as per usual says no, not ready.

It was only last week I got an O2 "customisation" update, why could they not have done all this, all at once?
Message 7 of 8

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Carrier updates are always separate from the manufacturer updates.

Just be glad you got the update as quickly as Huawei released it, if you had to wait for O2 to customise it you'd be waiting for quite some time...

How is the update? am I right in assuming the AOD now supports 3rd party notifications?
Message 8 of 8