Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sony Phones Announced

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm sure this will interest our resident expert @viridis and possibly some others.

https://www.engadget.com/20**Personal info**-the-morning-after-sony-xperia-pro.html

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That link doesn't work @Bambino . It's removed some of the info?!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try this https://tinyurl.com/qu5f3r4
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That works. Thanks @MI5 

Those phones look great @Bambino. I expect they will be out of my price range though. I shall stick with my Note 8 smiling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well I am quite looking forwards to seeing (read as playing) one to compare to the X1 which I currently use, lots of info I've still got to read up on regarding some features and stuff but yeah they look proper nice.. especially that Xperia Pro with it's very unique hdmi input, yes INPUT allowing direct connection to such equipment as cameras, video recording equipment and.. err drones 😉.
Only problem there is that I'm not sure what markets are getting the pro and can't find out either as the Sony mobile forum is on limp home mode until the transition to the new community is complete. So unlike before I couldn't put up one of my usual "this is.... " Posts as I got no info nor press media images, except the stuff that went into the main Sony electronics site earlier.
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can never tell with Sony which is an old or a new model these days... can't they be like everyone and stick to a numbered/lettered order

Message 7 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
@Anonymous they are now numbered similar to the camera range. Keeps everything nice and.. err simple.

Myself I think they should've just kept the Z line and not caused irreparable brand confusion with the Z3-Z5-X-XZ sequece
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:
@Anonymousthey are now numbered similar to the camera range. Keeps everything nice and.. err simple.

Myself I think they should've just kept the Z line and not caused irreparable brand confusion with the Z3-Z5-X-XZ sequece

Well that cleared that up fearful

Message 10 of 14