cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network unlock code doesn't work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I recently got an upgrade and I gave my old phone to my mum (xperia z).
She is on Vodafone, so I requested a network unlock code, which didn't work. I requested another, thinking there may have been an error, and the second didn't work either. Both codes contained the required 16 digits (both different codes too).
I will call o2 on Monday. But I was wondering if there was a known issue with unlocking Sony phones? Thank you.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you!! You've been really helpful.
Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Let us know how you get on please?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got exaclty the same problem!

I didn't brick my phone yet, I requested a code from o2 and it isn't working. I requested another one and it isn't working...

Any advice about what to do?

Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Any advice about what to do?

Firstly, stop putting the wrong code in!

What have you done so far to request your code and what exactly have you asked for?

What phone have you got and where did it come from?

Any other info that might help us ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hav ethe same problem on a Nokia Lumia 735 with my O2 sim. I have an unlock code from O2. but when i insert the new sim from BT a screen appears after boot that asks or the unlock code but when I try to type in the code it will not take all 20 numbers. In fact the enter button greys out after try to enter more than 10 characters. any ideas please. I tried pressing enter once so now I think that I only have one more try? It said on the email from O2 to only try twice.

Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
When you put the bt sim in and boot up, what exactly does the message on screen say?

Currently using:
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's OK now thanks, I found that using the ##7820# gave me another entry screen where the field to enter the number was long enough to take the number! So that worked OK  and gave me the unlock symbol and the reboot now gave me the network I wanted.  O2 should have sent that code ##7820# on the instructions to save me a lot of worry and a factory reset that the online chat person told me to do was completely unecessary. So now I have to try and get the phone back to where I had it. I have a Phone backup via WM 10 but don't know how to get it restored.

Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
When you log in with your windows id it will search for any backup and ask if you want to restore it.
You will need to factory reset to get this option though.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 18