Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network lock

Bobbyt9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Sony Xperia z5 that was on a pay monthly contract. On leaving O2 I found the phone was locked and I needed a code to unlock it. This was requested and arrived but unfortunately failed to unlock the phone. Today I was told because I tried the unlock code more than 3 times the phone is now locked and O2 nor Sony can help me unlock the phone but third party companies can. I don't like the idea of third party companies and I really do like my phone so what can I do. I have escalated the complaint but there apparently isn't a solution to unlock the phone via O2 or Sony

any ideas?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Bobbyt9 wrote:

.... but how would Sony respond to a code they supplied not working with the phone.  I have checked the emi matches as it went away for repair to O2 just I case they sent a different phone back, but also is it a know issue for codes to not work with phones

Who supplied the code?

Message 11 of 14

Bobbyt9
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 supplied the code to me but allegedly they received it from Sony

Message 12 of 14

Bobbyt9
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have given up with the phone now as I need to get my business number back in operation, so have accepted the offer of a refurbished xa1 ultra as a replacement

All that's left to do now is sort out compensation, but I'm guessing that will go all the way to the ombudsman. Fingers crossed it wont

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Let us know what happens and good luck.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14