Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number used to make calls I have not made

Teytey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I keep receiving calls from people saying along the lines of "oh hi I missed a call from you, I'm returning the call" I actually rarely make calls and certainly haven't called any of these people
My phone doesn't show a record of the call, but I've had at least 10 calls from people "returning my call" and some people get annoyed and think I'm lying. What's going on? Anyone have any idea please? With thanks
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Does sound like a scam to me.
Some O2 advice here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Teytey They could have mistyped the number innocently or could be a cold caller trying to make some sort of sales pitch 

Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Do you know these people and are they stored in your contacts?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Teytey
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Once or twice I'd except an accidental mistype, but multiple times by multiple different people? Yes, I was leaning more towards thinking its some kind of scam, I've stopped answering now. If it comes up as a number and not 'so and so mobile' if I have their number stored then I leave it and let them leave me a message. Hopefully it will stop soon. Thanks
Message 4 of 11

Teytey
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No I don't, just complete random not in my contacts. Thanks
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Does sound like a scam to me.
Some O2 advice here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

calviin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sounds like one of them prank app that calls you with some nonsense

Message 7 of 11

Jay1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is happening to me now. My phone is ringing non-stop! Had 39 and counting calls since 11:30. Told by 02 they are aware of this and to ignore them for now.
Message 8 of 11

mistdog
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm getting this problem too. The first time I assumed the person had just mistyped the number that called them, but today the guy sent me a screenshot showing my number in his call log - but I didn't call him.

I don't think this is a scam - none of the people claiming to have missed calls from me have asked me to call or text them, or asked me for any personal details. It looks like O2 is allowing other people to make calls using my number, which is alarming given how many companies nowadays assume that your mobile number = your identity.

Message 9 of 11

LAM1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my mum received 10 calls from my phone yesterday but I did not touch my phone for the whole day. It is not a smartphone, it is just a little cheap Alcatel onetouch, old fashion phone. I use it to call abroad only. Any ideas how this might have happened? Would be grateful for the help as she found it distressing and got worried.

Message 10 of 11