cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto g 4g has it been left alone ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting a Moto g 4g to use as my works phone after reading some reviews saying it was one of the best cheap phones you could buy but..... as this phone gets updates quickly from google and will be getting the next version of android I was wondering have o2 messed around with the firmware to an extent that it is just another android phone or have they left it alone. (phone uses almost stock android and therefore is quite quick as there is no bloatware or other network nasties on it) So if anyone has the phone would you say it is quite a stock almost Nexus like android or has it had a good seeing to!!

Thanks in advance

Baz

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone fro their replies and input, I am just going to take the plunge and order one,I suppose if I don't like it I can always send it back!

Cheers folks,

Baz

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Buy it from CPW then you can guarantee it will be as MOTO intended.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers, know exactly what you mean Amazon have them sim free as well just could save a few quid getting it from o2 and I can’t stand the fact as soon as you buy from CPW your phone number and address details get passed from one company offering to act on me behalf for this claim or that. To another looking to reclaim my PPI !
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly visit the HighStreet stores and have a play with the working demo models to test it out to see if it ticks your wants and needs boxes. 😄
Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
I trialed one from O2 but it was a demo model from Motorola and was bloat free but no guarantees they are all like that without looking for yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, looks like a good excuse to go and play with some phones on Saturday.
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks, looks like a good excuse to go and play with some phones on Saturday.

No worries. 

Enjoy. 😄

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 144643 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
I don't need an excuse - My local phone shops know me now wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I don't need an excuse - My local phone shops know me now wink

@Is that a good thing @MI5? wink
I have had a play with that phone for 5 minutes, one of my colleagues has one, and I have to say that it is quite responsive, I was impressed! I definitely think you should go to a shop and have a play with it slight_smile

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone fro their replies and input, I am just going to take the plunge and order one,I suppose if I don't like it I can always send it back!

Cheers folks,

Baz

Message 10 of 14