cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Network not available - 3G working fine - new SIM Samsung S5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afternoon 02,

I have an unlocked Samsung S5. Using my wifes 02 sim card in this works perfectly, 4G and full signal. Putting in my SIM I couldn't get anything until I changed to 3G only and turned on flight mode etc. This means I've now lost 4G ability and I can't make any calls with the message 'Mobile Network not available'. 

This is a brand new SIM as picked up today at the O2 store providing the same results at my previous 02 SM. Super frustrating considering my wifes works perfectly in my other HTC M8 handset.

Any advice appreciated?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So, to understand this, you have an O2 and an EE sim and neither work in your S5?
But your wife's O2 sim does work in your S5?
Also, if in flight mode, you will not get registered on network. What happens when you come off flight mode?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm totally confused. What does putting an EE sim in any phone and not getting a signal have to do with O2?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Huge apologies both. Mistyped. New sim picked up in o2 store today with same results as my 'old' o2 sim that works perfectly in my M8.

My wifes o2 sim works perfectly in the S5! 

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Is the new sim active?
If you have a contract with O2 the new sim will be blank and the store should have transferred your account details on to it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new sim is active. I've just put back into my old M8 and working fine with ability to make calls etc.

In the Samsung, it's hard work to get 3G (as per original post) but not able to make calls. As per the above, putting my wifes O2 sim card in works perfectly for both calls and data access!

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can't see any logical explanation for that.
If it was just a data issue we could sort that but the calls and texts issue is not logical esp as it's all working with a different sim and your sim works in another phone.
The only thing I can think of is a poor connection on the sim card reader. Try a bit of sellotape on the back of your sim.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousHi.

I had my SIM replaced once and I couldn't get 4G, it took 24h to be able to use 4G.

Try this, go to settings, network, manual and select o2, reboot the phone and you probably be fine

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@AnonymousHi.

I had my SIM replaced once and I couldn't get 4G, it took 24h to be able to use 4G.

Try this, go to settings, network, manual and select o2, reboot the phone and you probably be fine

The sim works fine in his other phone and it's not just data - calls and texts don't work either?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Is one sim pay and go and the other pay monthly? If so the apn's are different so this could be the issue with the handset, ie the s7 has the settings that match his wives but his sim is different......

Message 10 of 11