Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May firmware update

AdiHotdog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hi all just a quick question I can see that the June update for the Samsung S10 is getting pushed when are the O2 users going to receive the May update?
Thanks
Adrian
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@AdiHotdog 

There is no guarantee that O2 will push out every monthly update.

They will only push those that they feel necessary or critical.

@Chris_K will confirm fully though.

Generally speaking we push every security update we're sent by the vendors, and these typically have tighter turnarounds than full software updates. I've got some more info over on the Q&A thread.

Once we approve the update, it's entirely in the hands of the vendor (eg, Samsung, Sony, etc) to push this out to customers but this can take days or even weeks depending on their own agenda, scheduling and testing. It's also worth noting that sometimes customers might see non-monthly security updates on devices with other networks - and these can be network specific, which other networks won't receive. For example, we might need an update from Samsung to resolve a Wifi Calling issue on a specific model, which other networks won't need - and hence won't receive.

@gmarkj wrote:
June would be nice - I have the Jan update at the minute!!

Eek, that doesn't quite sound right. If you're on the S10, then the devices in our office are currently on the April update so it sounds like you're missing some somewhere. Have you tried a manual update check?

@AdiHotdog wrote:
hi all just a quick question I can see that the June update for the Samsung S10 is getting pushed when are the O2 users going to receive the May update?
Thanks
Adrian

The good news is we approved this update for S10 devices last week so we expect its release to customers to be imminent, so keep your eyes peeled and you should see this pop up soon slight_smile

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@AdiHotdog 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

AdiHotdog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks for the reply
Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@AdiHotdog 

Generally speaking we push every security update we're sent by the vendors, and these typically have tighter turnarounds than full software updates. I've got some more info over on the Q&A thread.

Once we approve the update, it's entirely in the hands of the vendor (eg, Samsung, Sony, etc) to push this out to customers but this can take days or even weeks depending on their own agenda, scheduling and testing. It's also worth noting that sometimes customers might see non-monthly security updates on devices with other networks - and these can be network specific, which other networks won't receive. For example, we might need an update from Samsung to resolve a Wifi Calling issue on a specific model, which other networks won't need - and hence won't receive.

@gmarkj wrote:

Eek, that doesn't quite sound right. If you're on the S10, then the devices in our office are currently on the April update so it sounds like you're missing some somewhere. Have you tried a manual update check?

@AdiHotdog wrote:
Thanks
Adrian

The good news is we approved this update for S10 devices last week so we expect its release to customers to be imminent, so keep your eyes peeled and you should see this pop up soon slight_smile

Message 5 of 8

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

No, I use the LG v30 @Chris_K .

Any ideas as to where they are?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 6 of 8

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

No, I use the LG v30 @Chris_K .

Any ideas as to where they are?

This was never sold on O2 - I think it was maybe a CPW exclusive, so you should be on the open market update path. That being said, doing a search on Twitter, it does seem like this is an issue shared by many when it comes to LG.

Best advice I can give is to try contacting LG directly to see what the status is of any updates, as any updates will be coming directly from them.

Message 7 of 8

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Good point - will drop them a note and see what's going on.

Message 8 of 8