cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS doesn't download

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Galaxy S2 and I can't open an MMS that has been sent, it just says downloading but never opens. It has said downloading for2 days now.
Any idea how to get the message?
Thanks
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You really should be on ICS at least now (If O2 branded phone). Can you connect to Kies to get a firmware update first...?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Are you connected to data (mobile data via your SIM, not wifi) ? Have you got an O2 MMS apn in network settings ? Have you ever been able to send and receive MMS messages or is this a new issue ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It has been an intermittent issue on the phone, it is on Gingerbread but our other S2 is on Jelly bean and never has an issue. Data is on, mms is in the settings.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You really should be on ICS at least now (If O2 branded phone). Can you connect to Kies to get a firmware update first...?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never tried, but can give it a go. Will that not wipe the message from the phone?
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Updating via Kies shouldn't wipe anything from the phone, but with a stuck message such as yours there's no guarantee I'm afraid.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Let us know how you get on Andy!

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Updated to the latest version and the message downloaded no problem. Thanks for all the help.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good to hear, thanks for coming back to us.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any adivise would be greatly received. I can,t send or receive MMS messages on my Samsung phone.

Message 10 of 11