Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop for S5, now live!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Lollipop, lollipop, where for art thou lollipop?

I am here, says Lollipop while standing atop a shiny Samsung Galaxy S5!

Okay enough of the ye olde talk – Lollipop means business. If you thought Jellybean was buttery smooth, then you’ve not seen what Lollipop can do. This is a major platform update and isn’t just a collection of minor bug fixes or anything like that… This is a full blown update – new eye candy, new & fresh menus, new features – all while keeping the system running smooth & fluid while keeping your battery life in check too. You can find out here what Lollipop can do > http://www.android.com/versions/lollipop-5-0/

The update is now live via KIES and should be live via OTA update towards the end of the week, so go grab it now and let us know your thoughts on the new update

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 218
217 REPLIES 217

nevzy31
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I've tried to update mine through kies but all I keep getting is unknown error do you want to send message to provider think I'll just wait till it comes ota any advice greatly appreciated 

Message 31 of 218

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
My advice is to forget Kies....
It's very fussy at best.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 218

nevzy31
Level 4: Observant
  • 98 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Shall I just wait for the ota hopefully not be much longer shan't be using kies again that's for sure
Message 33 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Probably the best idea - It'll only be a few days at most.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow that was fast MI5 lollipop update, lets hope the rest are the same lol

Message 35 of 218

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I was surprised mate - Nothing for Note 2 yet wink

Currently using:
Message 36 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung are doing the Note 2 to L 5 which came as a bit of a shock until you look into it and find they are still selling well lol.
As for me not bothered no more about my ex Note 2 lol
Message 37 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be happy to update my phone. That is, If Kies worked, ever. Must be one of the worst pieces of software ever. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything good about it in the several years it's been around. Amazing that Samsung haven't been able to sort it out after so long.
Message 38 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup massive battery drain today had to charge after 4 hours on my s5,couldn't see any big drains either in settings. Also a bit of a sticky interface at times, hopefully a update will come as on my nexus 10 tablet battery more than doubled after lollipop.
Message 39 of 218

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update is extremely buggy, battery life is down, phone is now noticeably slower, even hangs at time I hope there's a fix coming out very soon as it is rather annoying
Message 40 of 218