Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG software update available

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Hopefully this turns out to be the Kitkat (4.4.2) update although I will confirm this later. You need the LG Mobile Support Tool to download this. At the moment I'm charging my LG G2.

A little off-topic, Holly Willoughby on Surprise Surprise - ooosht missus. 

Anyway back on track, anyone who has seen the preview videos will see have seen the speed increase and extra features. There's also Tap Code which allows you secure your device with a custom tap sequence on the screen coming as a new feature update.

Some minor updates that should make a difference. 

http://www.lg.com/uk/support-mobile/lg-D802#software

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm afraid not. There is a big bug with this though, the audio. Noise in the left channel when using the headphone output. Which such a shame considering everything else seems to work.

There's a whole topic dedicated to it on xda developers forum. It has found its way onto other qualcomm based handsets.

Funny thing is my nexus 7 2012 also running kitjat doesn't do it. It appears the filter used for the DAC is not correctly used and emphasised by the headphone amplifier.

Rather disappointing considering i do listen to a lot of music when travelling.

OK good news,

I found a temporary fix (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51394847&postcount=308)  Make sure you use the supplied headphones for the diagnostics, as you will need them for the last part. 

Alas this is not a total fix, more of a workaround. It seems after rebooting the LG G2, the settings are not permanent.

Case 1: Sony headphones: The hiss has returned although it's not as prominent.

Case 2: LG Quad Beats 2: The supplied headphones seem not to audibly exhibit any brown or pink noise in the left channel.

Case 3: AKG K702: Exhibit noise also although not as loud due to the amount power required to gain volume on them.

So in summary, it's look like some South Korean software engineer will be doing a few laps around the LG complex to say sorry. When you use the quad-beats the problem disappears and it implies if your headphones has a volume control or mic connection onboard then it negates any audible noise.

Lets hope they fix this soon, like along with the next update with LG Code and so on......

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@anticpated  I can not believe that you popped in a reference about Holly Willoughby into your very

informative post ....LOLLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Well what can I say. Just watching Endeavour now.

Message 3 of 6

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

OK I'm just having a look at what's different now. A couple of benchmarks to get a feel for the speed of it. 

Camera

Shutter speed is a little faster.

HDR (Dynamic Tone) processing is much faster.

Gallery

Seems more responsive.

Benchmarks

Due to speculation about so-called "fixed" results, there is code in Kitkat 4.4 to help give more honest synthetic results. Irony..got to love it.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought Knock Code was supposed to be added to the g2 in this update as anyone found it or worked out how to activate
Message 5 of 6

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm afraid not. There is a big bug with this though, the audio. Noise in the left channel when using the headphone output. Which such a shame considering everything else seems to work.

There's a whole topic dedicated to it on xda developers forum. It has found its way onto other qualcomm based handsets.

Funny thing is my nexus 7 2012 also running kitjat doesn't do it. It appears the filter used for the DAC is not correctly used and emphasised by the headphone amplifier.

Rather disappointing considering i do listen to a lot of music when travelling.

OK good news,

I found a temporary fix (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51394847&postcount=308)  Make sure you use the supplied headphones for the diagnostics, as you will need them for the last part. 

Alas this is not a total fix, more of a workaround. It seems after rebooting the LG G2, the settings are not permanent.

Case 1: Sony headphones: The hiss has returned although it's not as prominent.

Case 2: LG Quad Beats 2: The supplied headphones seem not to audibly exhibit any brown or pink noise in the left channel.

Case 3: AKG K702: Exhibit noise also although not as loud due to the amount power required to gain volume on them.

So in summary, it's look like some South Korean software engineer will be doing a few laps around the LG complex to say sorry. When you use the quad-beats the problem disappears and it implies if your headphones has a volume control or mic connection onboard then it negates any audible noise.

Lets hope they fix this soon, like along with the next update with LG Code and so on......

Message 6 of 6