Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable
For those of you running the I9100P (NFC) variants did you get the phone unlocked first or did you jsut flash it over and it worked? Im waiting for an unlock code but if it works withough Ill do it tonight!!
Message 481 of 596

MI5
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
It has been confirmed that the O2 standard ROM works OK on a locked NFC phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 482 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
brill, but on the other hand ive jsut had an email with my unlock code! which is the best firmware to use that is not full of bloatware? I might as well put an unbranded one on if im going to do it
Message 483 of 596

MI5
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
The very latest is XWLSS (Baltic) or XWLSN (Nordic). Both will work fine on an unlocked handset.
Message 484 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone having in-call sound issues since updating to JellyBean via Odin, my volume is right up and i cant seem to lower it via the buttons at the side or in the settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 485 of 596

MI5
  • 147240 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28301 Solutions
Replied to your PM, but another thought was if you did a factory reset after flashing?
Message 486 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
The very latest is XWLSS (Baltic) or XWLSN (Nordic). Both will work fine on an unlocked handset.

I've literally just updated from LSN to LSS but too early to know/see/feel any differences.  I get the impression LSS is just a small batch of minor fixes.  When I updated to LSN the battery life certainly seemed better.

Message 487 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is anyone having in-call sound issues since updating to JellyBean via Odin, my volume is right up and i cant seem to lower it via the buttons at the side or in the settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Would a wipe of the cache help here perhaps..?  The Phone component is an App after all.  Just a suggestion.

Jonty.

Message 488 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have flashed the XWLSS (Baltic) onto my phone, Im running a I9100P but was too impatient to wait for the correct update.

I didnt do a factory reset and paid the price 2 days later when the phone died and would not turn back on. I re-flashed the software and then did the reset and now all works perfectly - some of the bloatware remained and i believe was causing issues.

tWith the factory reset completed i can deffinatley see a big difference in performance, speek, reliability and battery power

Now I dont mind waiting for the price for the S4 to fall lol
Message 489 of 596

TopperGas
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been using JB for over a week  now and apart from having to do another factory reset after my lock screen froze it's almost has I've been given an S3 by Samsung/O2, as the phone no longer as random freezes and the Smart stay settings etc all work pefectly.  Battery life's not brillant but that could be due to my battery starting to fail after nearly two years constant use. 

Without the update I think I would now be looking to buy a S3/4 but at the moment I can't see what either would do better than my JB S2 . I wouldn't mind the Smart alert setting though to make things perfect!!

Message 490 of 596